I haven’t received a telegram, so I can only conclude that the Queen thinks it’s easier to live to 100 years old than to publish 100 blog posts. I won’t hold it against her, I’m too busy celebrating!
Thank you, dear conversation partners! Sacraparental is one of my favourite things, thanks to you.
I love the range of views you express and represent, the kind and sensitive way you speak to each other, your wit, wisdom and winsomeness, and the way many of us are doing some serious learning through these threads.
I am brilliant and amazing and making room for important conversation (and then letting you do the hard work by posting all your clever thoughts). You are brilliant and amazing to be joining in. Thank you.
Data junkies among you might be interested in some extra stats before we get to the top ten most viewed posts.
In the five months I’ve been doing this, people in 68 countries have stopped by, including folks from Nicaragua, the Maldives, Tanzania, Sri Lanka and one lone surfer from Saudi Arabia. The countries that have provided most visits, though, are:
- New Zealand (about half of all views)
- United Kingdom (about a third of all views)
- United States
- United Arab Emirates
I can’t say that’s what I would have predicted, exactly. Feel free to introduce yourself and identify your location if you are a regular reader but don’t comment much or at all!
Of people who get to Sacraparental by clicking a link somewhere (rather than just typing in the address), the vast majority come via Facebook (about 80 per cent). A bunch more come through Pinterest and about a dozen particular blogs and sites that have linked here. But some came by googling all sorts of unexpected search terms. Like:
- ‘feral hera markings’ (2!) presumably sucked in by the anagram
- ‘toddlers wearing nappies poo’ (2) I don’t think I said ‘poo’ even once in the article on nappies!
- ‘water piping‘ (3)
- ‘baby up stair’ (2) go SBJ!
- ‘amy cuddy is hot’ not the most cerebral response to this great TED talk on neurology and social advancement
- ‘every day i need someone said how brilliant i am’ [sic] (1) and ‘how to find out am brilliant’ (1) well, you’ve come to the right place!
- ‘jody kilpatrick skiatook dancing’ (1) if anyone can explain this, please leave a comment…
And here are the top ten most viewed posts on Sacraparental:
I’d be very interested to hear if your favourite is something else.
One hundred posts, 555 comments, 91 categories, 669 tags and a bunch of new friendships. It’s been a good century (Or, um, five months. Yes, I’m aware I’m making quite a meal out of this!)
Pingback: New Year’s Guide to Sneaky English « sacraparental
Pingback: Sacraparental Top Tens: Home and Away | sacraparental